- NEW! MESSAGE ON INTERNATIONAL WIDOWS' DAY 23 June 2011 from the Secretary-General of the United Nations
- NEW! A WORD FROM Cherie Blair, President, The Loomba Foundation]
- International Conference on Widowhood: "Widows' Voices - Empowered" [PDF format]
- Filling The Knowledge Gap: Widows In Armed Conflict Briefing Paper [PDF format]
- Comparing our lives as widows in the United States with the lives of widows in developing countries
- Come to Camp Widow 2010!!
- Report on Guild of Service Members Visit to Sawai Madhopur, Rajasthan
- Report On Visit To Mayapur To Attend Interfaith Meeting & Navadweep (29 November - 4 December, 2008)
- Come to The National Conference on Widowhood, July 2009!
- From V.Mohini Giri: Please join the candlelight vigil for the children of Nithari this Sunday, January 14, 2007, 5:00 p.m. in our continous struggle for equal justice for all. More information...
- North and South Somali Widows Group (NSSWG)
- White Rainbow Opens in New York
I’m thrilled to announce that White Rainbow, the movie depicting the plight of widows in India, is coming to New York! It will run from October 20 to October 26th. Dr. Mohini V. Giri will be available before the movie opens on the 20th for a question and answer session. I hope you will be able to see this incredible movie. Please share this information with your friends and colleagues.
White Rainbow will open at the Loews 34th Street on 312 West 34th Street. The benefit screening will be on Friday October 20, and the evening shows will follow during the week. Call 212-244-8850 for show times.
- Gender Perspective Conference Held at Guild of Service, Rahat Ghar
- Guild of Service and Iran Culture House Address Discrimination Against Women
- Women Helping Women (WHW) Helps Widows in Pakistan
- Suraya Sadeed: A Widow’s Grief Turned to Aide for Children and Families in Afghanistan, by Laura Slap-Shelton, Psy.D.
- Guild of Service Worker Honored in Kashmir
- Financial Support Needed to Help Distribute White Rainbow
Winner of the Best Feature Film award at the 2005 Sedona International Film Festival, White Rainbow creatively documents the plight of widows in India. After successfully showcasing White Rainbow in film festivals throughout the country, we need your help to release it in movie theatres so that the film's powerful message can reach larger audiences. Click here to make an affordable donation in minutes. Or for more information please contact Linda Mandrayar at email@example.com.
- Provision of Sustainable Incomes Among the HIV/AIDS Widows of Rakai
- 49th Commission on the Status of Women: Roundtable II on Widowhood
- Report on Widowhood Roundtable II
- Recommendations of the Round Table on the Roles of Widows in Conflict Management and Peace Building
- Women Helping Women: Pakistan (A Plea for Help and a Focus on Widows)
- Dr. Giri, Nobel Peace Prize Nominee, Speaks at the University of New England
- UN Renewal and Empowerment of Women
- INVITATION LETTER: This is to invite you to our forthcoming programme tagged as "LECTURES AND DONATIONS ON IWF HIV/AIDS POSITIVE WIDOWS ANDTHEIR CHILDREN IN AFRICA"
DATE: 2ND JULY, 2005
VENUE: LAGOS AIRPORT HOTEL, IKEJA, LAGOS-NIGERIA
TIME: 10:00AM PROMPT
Your presence at this occasion will save a life of a widow and her children who are HIV/AIDS infected. Also, your contributions and support will be highly appreciated.
Primate Elijah Ayodele
- Mass Marriage Ceremony Held on the 3rd of April 2005
- Part IV: Dr. Giri's Visit to Tsunami Victims in Tarangambadi
- Part III: Dr. Giri's Third Trip to Help Tsnami Victims
- Part II: Dr. Giri's Second Visit to Tsunami Affected Areas
- White Rainbow Opens the Reel Women Film Festival
White Rainbow has been selected as the Opening Night Film for the Reel Women Film Festival in Hollywood! White Rainbow will screen on March 17th at the Mann Chinese 6 theatre in Hollywood at 8:00pm (on Hollywood Blvd & Highland). The website for the festival is www.rwiff.com. Passes to the festival go on sale Feb. 1st. Individual tickets go on sale March 1st. The website will have ticket buying info at that time. This will be a great opportunity to see the film on the "BIG SCREEN", at a wonderful venue and with a live audience.
- Report of Tsunami Relief Work at Nagapattinam
- Role of Conflict Widows in Healing a Hurting World (UN Report)
- The Dark Reality (A review of White Rainbow in The Hindu)
- Report of Screening of the film "White Rainbow" on 10th July, 2004 At Ashoka Hotel, New Delhi
- Dr. Mohini Giri and the National Women Organization Meet with Mrs. Ghandi to Ensure Women's Rights in India, by Dr. V. Mohini Giri
- Refuge for 500 Under-privileged Widows Reaches Construction Stage, by Dr. V. Mohini Giri
- White Rainbow: Movie about Vrindivan Widows to Debut Cannes
- Iraqi Women's Rights Are Being Stripped
- A Note from Dr. V. Mohini Giri:
This year took me to various parts of the world starting with USA, Korea, Bangkok, Bangladesh, Chennai, Coimbatore, Karoor, Kodaikanal, Hyderabad, Bombay, Gujarat, Jaipur, Jammu & Kashmir etc. In an attempt to look after the marginalized widows, we have had a successful empowerment programme in Jammu & Kashmir, with the riot affected in Godhra, Gujarat, with 400 women sarpanches from eight states of India, a friendship solidarity peace bus journey with 40 women from India to Bangladeh and last but not the least, we have been able to purchase four acres of land at Mathura to empower the widows of Vrindavan.
- Waiting for Salvation, by Karijn Kakebeeke
- Guild of Service Workshop "Strengthening Grass root Democracy", New Delhi, 27-29 August 2003
- Journey of Peace: Kolkata to Dhaka from 14-20th May, 2003
- Dr. Sima Samar Wins Perdita Huston Award
- Letter from Dr. V. Mohini Giri -- Raising Funds to Empower India's Widows
- Status of Widows of Vrindavan and Varanasi: A Comparative Study
- Conference Report, South Asian Conference, "Capacity Building of Marginalized Women: Widows"
- Delhi Declaration, by South Asian Conference, "Capacity Building of Marginalized Women: Widows"
- Projects of Guild of Service
- September 11 World News Snapshot
- Light a Memorial Candle
- The World Grieves Together, Resources for a Traumatized Nation
- NEW! Appeal for Solidarity with Gujarat Victims
- Widows Not Passive Victims: The Founding of Widows for Peace and Reconstruction
- Guild of Service and WIPSA Call for Peace, by Guild of Service & Women's Iniative for Peace in South Asia
- Bringing an End to Grief: South Asian Women Organize for Peace:
Women's Initiative for Peace in South Asia (WIPSA), by Women's Iniative for Peace in South Asia
- Empowering Widows in Development Finally Heard in the United Nations, by Laura Slap-Shelton, Psy.D.
- Empowering Widows in Development, by Laura Slap-Shelton, Psy.D.
- International Recognition Comes to Widows, by Laura Slap-Shelton, Psy.D.
- Conference on Widows to Be Held in February, by Laura Slap-Shelton, Psy.D.
GriefandRenewal.com is hosted by FatCow®. If you are looking for hosting for your website, please consider purchasing an account by clicking on the link to the right. Your account purchase will help fund this site.